Seed to STEM
Turn your school garden into a living laboratory with the Seed to STEM curriculum. The lessons emphasize exploration, inquiry, and discussion to access the scientific wonder of the garden. Kindergarteners to fifth-graders will reinforce Next Generation Science Standards and build a stronger connection to their community, environment, and food system.
Tips for Using Seed to STEM Lessons:
1. Lessons are organized by topic. Teach lessons individually or as a unit.
2. Lessons are written for K-2nd grade or 3rd-5th grade but can be adapted for other grades.
3. Lessons emphasize outdoor learning but can be taught in the classroom.
4. Check out the topic introductions for extension activities and additional resources.
5. Add in garden tasks or routines like mindfulness to extend lessons.
6. Asterisked (*) lessons have a connected journal page.
We welcome your feedback.
To send questions and comments about Seed to STEM or to learn more about Gateway Greening’s classroom programming, contact the School Program Manager at email@example.com or (314) 588-9600 x 106.